Producing the first part for my hydroponic setup

So, today i decided to produce the first part for my hydroponic setup. The part in question was the Left mounting bracket for the tubes, here marked in red.

Since this part will need to handle both twisting and downwards pressure, i did FEA analysis of the part, and changed the design until i was happy with the result:

immediately after machining the part, i had to play with it to see if it was rigid enough. Needless to say, the part snapped. The problem was that i had not taken in acount the direction of which the grain in the wood is orientated.

Disapointed with todays result, i gave up any further work, and instead pimped my office-cactus with some ultrabrigth LED's and ate chocolate.